The Saratoga Performing Arts Center is pleased to offer exciting internship opportunities. Successful candidates will bring maturity, reliability and flexibility to their role as part of a team of professionals working in a fast-paced, collaborative, non-profit organization. Positions are available in many departments such as marketing, development, and programming. Summer interns must be able to begin at the end of the Spring semester and work through Mid-August. All interns are expected to have reliable transportation.
For additional information, please email email@example.com.
40 hours, paid internship. Provide administrative support to the Development department: Coordinate sponsor activities and special events; communicate with constituents and partners; create sponsor proposals and agreements; write letters; perform research on and develop partnerships with local businesses, corporate sponsors, and individual donors.
- Assist with corporate sponsor packet creation and activation
- Support Development Team with research
- Production of daily donor reports for cultivation and stewardship
- Welcoming Patron level+ members to the Patron’s Terrace & checking membership cards to support and encourage this exclusive high level member benefit
- Assist with coordination of events
- Administrative duties as assigned
Qualifications: Undergraduate student with an interest in development, fundraising, or arts administration. Students with prior experience and/or interest in the arts are encouraged to apply. Must be able to multi-task, be detail oriented and complete assignments in an efficient manner. Excellent verbal, written and organization skills, reliable transportation, can-do attitude, ability to work nights and weekends. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook required. Prior experience in customer service setting is a plus.
Support department Directors and collaborate with marketing team at a fast-paced, non-profit performing arts organization.
Responsibilities will include:
- Website graphics and content deployment to SPAC.org,
- Brainstorm and help with social media post design/creation
- Assist with scheduling and publishing to social platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube
- Monitor social media platforms for engagement and assist with community management
- Project tracking in management software such as ASANA
- Video editing and production using iPhone or similar camera technology for social media use
- Available to photograph SPAC’s evening events as needed
- After Effects
- Typography/Graphic design
- Instagram/Instagram Stories and Facebook best practices
- Digital Photography
- ASANA (willing to train the right candidate)
- Mailchimp (willing to train the right candidate
- WordPress (willing to train the right candidate
IMPORTANT: Applicants must have their own laptop with Adobe Creative Cloud installed.
If you have a portfolio with any relevant content including graphic design and photography we would love to see it! Please let us know if you have taken any relevant coursework.
Perform entry-level professional administrative work, providing support to multiple departments: Guest reception, customer service, answering busy phones, responding to inquiries, clerical work (prepare documents, photocopying, mailings, etc.), run errands, event set-up/breakdown, and special projects, as assigned. Must have excellent verbal, written and organization skills, reliable transportation, can-do attitude, ability to work nights/weekends. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook required. Prior experience in an administrative or customer service setting is a plus.
The communications intern will support the department director and collaborate with the marketing team to help publicize the summer season at Saratoga Performing Arts Center and enhance the SPAC experience for thousands of guests. The ideal candidate will have strong writing experience and abilities, be detail-oriented and organized, conscientious and mature. Knowledge of and interest in the classical performing arts is a plus.
Responsibilities will include:
- write copy for press releases, talking points, marketing publications, the website, social media, and more;
- create structured social media campaigns for SPAC programming;
- report on social media campaigns for performance/effectiveness;
- compile and distributing press clippings;
- manage external press and photographers, including on evenings and weekends;
- proofread all communication materials;
- coordinate press tickets with the box office and manage press lists;
- plan meetings and events;
- support onsite execution of pre-performance and special events.
Provide support to the Senior Director of Artistic Planning with the preparation and execution of all SPAC performances. This individual will have the opportunity to work closely with conductors, soloists, dancers, orchestra members, and chamber musicians affiliated with the SPAC 2020 season and will assist with meeting the contractual obligations for every guest soloist, ensemble, and resident company. The Programming Associate will coordinate with the Senior Director of Artistic Planning to provide transportation, hospitality, and any additional services required to all artists throughout SPAC’s season. This individual will also work closely with the SPAC senior staff and production team to provide backstage and event support as needed.
A successful candidate for this position will have at least a basic understanding of the arts and knowledge of orchestral music and/or dance is preferred. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to understand and respect the highly confidential nature of this position and must possess a valid driver’s license. This is not a 9 to 5 position and successful applicants will recognize the long hours needed to successfully complete the required workload. This individual will also possess a positive personality and demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively with the SPAC senior staff, SPAC production team, and their fellow associates.