The Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) is pleased to offer full-time, paid summer internship opportunities. Successful candidates will bring maturity, reliability and flexibility to their role as part of a team of professionals working in a fast-paced, collaborative, non-profit organization. Students must be able to commit to working 40-hours per week, beginning in late May and concluding at the end of August (with the exception of a Spring internship).
If you’re interested in becoming a part of our organization, please call 518-584-9330 x101.
Deadline for 2019 Summer Internships: March 1, 2019
Provide administrative support to the Development department: Coordinate sponsor activities and special events; communicate with constituents and partners; create sponsor proposals and agreements; write letters; perform research on and develop partnerships with local businesses, corporate sponsors, and individual donors.
- Assist with corporate sponsor packet creation and activation
- Support Development Team with research
- Production of daily donor reports for cultivation and stewardship
- Welcoming Patron level+ members to the Patron’s Terrace & checking membership cards to support and encourage this exclusive high level member benefit
- Assist with coordination of events
- Administrative duties as assigned
Qualifications: Undergraduate student with an interest in development, fundraising, or arts administration. Students with prior experience and/or interest in the arts are encouraged to apply. Must be able to multi-task, be detail oriented and complete assignments in an efficient manner. Excellent verbal, written and organization skills, reliable transportation, can-do attitude, ability to work nights and weekends. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook required. Prior experience in customer service setting is a plus.
Provide support to the Senior Director of Artistic Planning with the preparation and execution of all classical performances. This individual will have the opportunity to work closely with conductors, soloists, dancers, orchestra members, and chamber musicians affiliated with the SPAC 2019 season and will assist with meeting the contractual obligations for every guest soloist, ensemble, and resident company. The Programming Intern will coordinate with the Senior Director of Artistic Planning to provide transportation, hospitality, and any additional services required to all artists throughout SPAC’s season. This individual will also work closely with the SPAC senior staff, production team, and their fellow interns to provide backstage and event support as needed.
A successful candidate for this position will understand and respect the highly confidential nature of their position, will possess a valid driver’s license, and will recognize the long hours needed to successfully complete the required workload. This individual will also possess a positive personality and demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively with the SPAC senior staff, SPAC production team, and their fellow interns.
The communications intern will support the department director and collaborate with the marketing team to help publicize the summer season at Saratoga Performing Arts Center and enhance the SPAC experience for thousands of guests. The ideal candidate will have strong writing experience and abilities, be detail-oriented and organized, conscientious and mature. Knowledge of and interest in the classical performing arts is a plus. Responsibilities will include:
· write copy for press releases, talking points, marketing publications, the website, social media, and more;
· create structured social media campaigns for SPAC programming;
· report on social media campaigns for performance/effectiveness;
· compile and distributing press clippings;
· manage external press and photographers, including on evenings and weekends;
· proofread all communication materials;
· coordinate press tickets with the box office and manage press lists;
· plan meetings and events;
· support onsite execution of pre-performance and special events.
Analyze data and create and monitor reports for email marketing campaigns and social media utilizing MailChimp and Sprout Social Applications
Recommend/implement test strategies to improve social and email campaign performance
Work with Analytics Consultant to identify and implement data-driven strategies to improve e-commerce performance
Develop, deploy and analyze market research surveys
- Relevant Analytics and/or Market Research coursework
- Microsoft Excel “super user” including use of pivot tables
- Exceptional analytical ability and critical thinking skills
- General understanding of digital marketing landscape
- Familiarity with marketing analytics applications (eg, Google Analytics, Sprout Social)
- Familiarity with social media marketing and social listening
- Strong organization and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment