The communications intern will support the department directors and collaborate with the marketing team to help publicize Saratoga Performing Arts Center’s season, events and initiatives. The ideal candidate will have strong writing experience and abilities, be detail-oriented and organized, conscientious and mature. Knowledge of and interest in working with the media and of the classical performing arts is a plus. Weekends and nights are required as part of this position.
Responsibilities will include:
- Write copy for press releases, media advisories, talking points, marketing publications, the website, social media, email blasts and more.
- Compile and distribute daily press clippings.
- Liaison with external press and photographers, including on evenings and weekends.
- Take photos and video for social media and organize visual assets.
- Proofread communication materials.
- Coordinate press tickets with the box office and manage press lists.
- Project tracking in management software such as Monday.com.
- Analyze data and create and monitor press coverage reports.
- Research best practices and other organizations.
- Support onsite execution of special events.