The Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) works to educate, reveal, inspire, and serve the beauty in the world which connects, respects, and elevates all human beings.
SPAC is committed to ensuring a culture of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (I.D.E.A.) in our organization and is dedicated to implementing structural ways to lessen inequities and to increase inclusion in all aspects of our work.
As a leader in the arts and culture sector, SPAC works to provide a platform for artists, thinkers, and creators from all backgrounds, experiences, and nationalities to express themselves in an inclusive environment that is accessible to all.
As part of this ongoing work, we have adopted an I.D.E.A. action plan. We are committed to:
- Raising awareness within our organization and among our multiple stakeholders — board, staff, partners, artists, donors, audiences, and community — and updating our policies and practices to ensure a culture of inclusion, racial equality, and awareness.
- Continuing to be a catalyst for inclusion, diversity, equity, and access in the arts and cultural sector by partnering with local and national organizations that work to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion and empowering effective agents of social change.
- Elevating marginalized and underrepresented people and cultures, including the Black, Indigenous, & People of Color (BIPOC) and LGBTQ+ communities, in our programming, marketing materials, and education initiatives.
- Continuing to grow SPAC’s expansive education and community outreach programs to serve more individuals in underserved populations in our region.
- Providing a forum for meaningful reflection, conversation, and debate to continue to create the conditions that make greater equity possible.