In G Major (Ravel /Robbins)
The Man I Love Pas de Deux (Who Cares?) (Gershwin/Balanchine)
SPAC’s New York City Ballet Gala, the finale to NYCB’s 2020 residency, will draw inspiration from jazz with Robbins’ In G Major incorporating the playful jazz accents of Ravel’s Concerto in G and scenery and costumes by Erté; Balanchine’s The Man I Love Pas de Deux from the ballet Who Cares? set to music by Gershwin; and Balanchine’s Rubies, featuring Stravinsky’s jazz-inflected Capriccio for Piano and Orchestra.
SPAC’s NYC Ballet Gala
In G Major © Paul Kolnik
Who Cares © Paul Kolnik
banner image: Rubies © Paul Kolnik
BALLET GALA INFORMATION
Join us on Saturday, July 18, 2020 for Rhythm on the Riviera, a sultry and sophisticated evening capturing the seductive elegance of one of the world’s most desirable destinations – with exquisite dining in the Hall of Springs – the new Rubies Lounge – all culminating in a spectacular New York City Ballet performance perfumed by hints of Jazz.
Continuing the tradition, this year’s Côte d’Azur-themed lawn party, pop-up performances, fireworks, and dancing under the stars will round out the evening – creating yet another unforgettable memory at this, Saratoga’s most spectacular summer party.
NYCB Gala attendees can choose from a range of experiences including:
Ballroom Gala Celebration
- Red Carpet Cocktail Reception with passed hors d’oeuvres
- Elegant seated dinner in t he Hall of Springs
- The Jazz Bar will be transformed into the Rubies Lounge for guests to enjoy cocktails during dinner
- Preferred Amphitheater seating for the New York City Ballet evening performance
- Post-performance cocktails and dessert in the Hall of Springs
Lawn Party Celebration
- Immersive pop-up performances and activities
- Tent packages for a unique lawn party experience, including a Champagne welcome–très chic!
- Catering options
- Recognition for returning lawn party tents
- Access to the Junior Committee tent party
- Lawn admission for the New York City Ballet evening performance
Contact Liz Ellis email@example.com to be added to our invitation list for the Ballroom Gala and Lawn Party Celebrations!
New York City Ballet Performance ONLY
- Access to the lawn party festivities, fireworks and post-performance dancing
Purchase tickets for the PERFORMANCE ONLY HERE.
For more information about the event, including Sponsorship opportunities, please contact Liz Ellis firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-584-9330 ext 118.